Sunday, July 20, 2008

Burrie/Arnold Cousin Reunion

We had a good time in the sun!

Nathan is on the far right. They're kick'n back with some Oreos.


We had good hamburgers followed by a great show in the evening. The dancing and singing were fabulous. The Rob's surprised us with their singing talents. It was great! The kids played ghost in the graveyard. I was surprised by Grandpa's patience with the wild bunch.

We felt kind of old as we hit the sack and the games continued on.

Cindy enjoyed a few hours holding baby Mathew (Cheryl's baby) on Saturday.

Grandma Dennay brought an art project for the girls and gave Miriam and Marissa some crochet and cross-stitch lessons.


In the early afternoon we visited the Welsh Festival. I wish I had brought my camera to show the great old fashion fun we had. The stilts worked very well and Nathan even tried a molasses drink, the forerunner of the modern rootbeer. The irish step dancing was fun too. I think we all really liked getting our own snow cones. Thanks Grandma!

Saturday evening we managed to go to IKEA for the first time. We only had about an hour but Cindy finally got her curtains!

Luckily, we spent the Saturday night at a hotel to rest our weary souls and sooth Nathan's sunburn.

Sunday we attended Mathew's "blessing." It was a beatiful blessing!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

It was a fun reunion...it was too short in my opinion. Maybe next year we should all get together for a few more days!