We spent the Fourth with our brothers and sisters from church at our annual breakfast, flag ceremony, parade, and ball game. Miriam even played some ball. It was fun.
We thought we'd head out to Melba for their famous fireworks show but we were easily persuaded to hang out with our friends and play games. We played a train game that I really enjoyed. We also played 7's after I won the first three games everyone lost interest.
When the fireworks began I hid out at home to finish some cleaning that we put off so we could visit with our friends. Rich took the kids around the neighborhood to enjoy the show. Personally, I had my hopes set on the other show and couldn't bear to see another small show. An hour later we turned in.
Dinner
A friend of our invited us for a big BBQ. Her husband's been sick for some time and they wanted to give us the opportunity get together for a happy occasion. We made new friends, from Switzerland, and visited with some older ones. It was great. Thanks, Tammy and Chris!
The cherry chocolate chip ice cream turned out very well too! MMM!
A Short Stop
Valarie and family stopped by for dinner on their way through town. I somehow came up with a very tasty meal similar to the new taco restaurants. It was good. We had a nice visit.
A Treasure Hunt
Dee brought Dennay, Tyler, and Emma to our house later that week. I was working on my sprinklers so we didn't get to play much. I did make some blueberry scones that were a hit with Dennay. Dennay and Emma buried some treasure in the yard in an effort to encourage Nathan and Tyler with some digging. They got so focused on the money I'm not sure they dug much after that. I know Nathan loved spending his treasure.
Hannah's Baptism
We brought Dennay, Tyler, and Emma down to Utah with us for Hannah's baptism the following weekend. She a lovely girl. It's wonderful to feel the beautiful spirit at baptism.
It was also fun to visit with family and old friends. Grandpa Dean picked Nathan (ours) clear off the ground for his good bye hug. You've got to watch out for him! He's like a tiger; watching, listening, following quietly, and then he strikes with quick remark or something unexpected. We love him. I love it he surprises us with a funny remark. Rich and I went out to dinner with Rob, Rachel, Angela, and Russ. We had good time together despite the waitress's strange aloofness. Angela was also able to show Rachel the new Slurpee straws and the 7/11.
A Swap
We left Miriam at Hannah's house so she could hang out with Marissa for a week and brought Michael home with us. Michael did well at our house. He was a great help. We had some serve yourself frozen yogurt from the Maverick station one night and then we couldn't do justice to our pizza at dinner. You should have seen their faces when they got to serve themselves. It was pretty COOL!
Michael had never tasted several kinds of fruit so, we took him to an apricot tree. Unfortunately, the first tree was full of worms. The second tree was fine so, he tried an apricot. He also tried a purple plum, a lime, and a nectarine. (I think I got that right)
The Reunion
After finally finishing the sprinkler project Nathan, Michael, Tyler (he came that afternoon), and loaded up the van, grabbed Peaches and headed for the family reunion. We needed gas and ice, luckily those stops were enough to remind us that we also needed dinner. A quick trip to the Sonic drive-in and we were off.
Just when I was pretty sure I'd passed it we found the campground. Dee set our tent and we unloaded. It was dark when Megan and Lizzie's families arrived. We all did good, peaches too. The boys, Tyler, Michael, and Nathan, were very cute all sleeping in a row in our tent.
Emma, Kelly, and Hailey were a big help with Peaches. They took her on many walks. She LOVED all the attention. Peaches did well on the camp out.





When this little watering hole was no longer enough we found a BIGGER one!

















The skits were very fun. Cheryl's family did "Three little Ducks". It was so cute. I wish I had video taped it. Kelly did some dancing. I'm sure I'm missing someone but Shelle's family did some skits and singing.
Unfortunately, we ran out of the good bug spray Saturday morning and by the evening that was gone as well. We were being eat'n alive that night. Mosquitoes get up early. So, we packed up as quickly as we could and headed home.
We had just enough time for a bath and a thirty minute nap before going to church. Needless to say it was hard to concentrate.
Peaches was a bit lethargic all day. I don't think she was eating and drinking much on the camp out. Their was just too much going on.
The next day Rich, Nathan, and I went to Wal-mart to get the last of their supplies for scout camp. They were gone by 12:30pm. Peaches and I were all alone.
Where's Miriam?
Miriam and Marissa had went home with Grandma and Grandpa. It's taken years of coaxing to get me to let Miriam go over there for a week. It's been over a week as I write this and she is still there. They've talked us into another week so they can help Grandma out after her surgery.
Miriam said they got a manicure and have seen "Harry Potter". They've helped out in Grandma's craft room and are spending some time with Aunt Valerie. We miss her very much. I've got a full tank of gas and am ready to go get her anytime I get the word.
I had a few church activities to keep me busy during my week alone. The enrichment activity with the Spanish branch was yummy!
I was able to get some guitar playing tips from Mr. Thomas. Thank you. I also found an old friend, Marc Bunn (from the Caldwell 10th ward). He owns the new guitar shoppe in on 12th Ave.
I watched some decent movies "Pride and Prejudice a Latter Day Comedy", http://deseretbook.com/store/product?sku=4909496 , and "Everything You Want", http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0403237/ .I rented them from the LDS book store. I also watched "Cupid and Cate", http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0224816/ , again (from the library).
Rich and Nathan arrived home Saturday afternoon while I was at the temple. We've had a wonderful time since then.
*Nathan received a severe sun burn on his arms. Rich sprayed a mix of Lavender oil and water on his arms last night and the difference is amazing. It really does work!
My friend, Tammy and I hosted a dinner for our friends which was wonderful (the food and the company).
I want to apologize to not getting photos of everyone, ie. Miriam. My brain was a bit baked by then. I still love ya!







No comments:
Post a Comment