Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Secretary of the Board (Cindy)

I was recently extended the invitation join the board for the Foyer de Sion orphanage in Haiti. I'm their secretary. As a board we seek out funding opportunities for the orphanage and coordinate work groups to visit the orphanage and bring in needed food and supplies.

Guesno Mardy was serving as a bishop when the first child was brought to his care. He and his wife have sense spent much of their time providing care for the needs of the children brought to their care.

Foyer de Sion was established in 1999. These children live in the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere. Eighty percent of their population are in abject poverty.

Friends of the orphanage work together to help establish a safe refuge and loving homes for the children. One person sharing their concern with another is sometimes all it takes to open the door to a miracle.

I'm appreciative the work that's being done; from the homemaker sharing her food supply, to the veterinarian heading the board, to the politician working to open the docks, to the prayers of parents and siblings. Their are so many people working in their own sphere of influence to provide for these little ones. I feel blessed to be apart of it.

I've been encouraged to travel to Foyer de Sion myself. This will cost around $1500. I would prefer Rich to attend with me at which point it would cost twice that.

I ask that you would remember us in your prayers. Much Love, Cindy

Please take a moment to view the new video for Foyer de Sion.
http://www.foyerdesion.org/video-GateOfHopeAgreement.php

No comments: