We're very busy filling in the last moments of summer.
We're using the neighboring tennis courts, watching movies, cleaning rooms, visiting with friends, and some other important things that had to be done before our summer life ends and school begins.
We're so lucky. Miriam has graciously volunteered to make all our meals for two weeks. She's following a plan she found in a book with a few exceptions for the tofu, cottage cheese, and other un-edibles. We'll have to let you know if we manage the lentil soup. I've always wanted to try it. I'm wishing her great success!
Nathan decided to study "percussion" after some prodding by Miriam. He has a snare drum and bell set (like a xylophone) from the "The Music Shoppe". The bells sound beautiful. The drum is working well too. His drum will stay at school most of the time so it won't be too loud around here. He's already taught himself some songs.
Miriam made a great pizza today. We ran out of cheese but it was still tasty.
I've been studying my textbooks, especially algebra. I just read "The Alchemist", a required reading. It was good.
Well, I've gotta go catch another film, "Anxiously Engaged". It's a good one. Rich and Nate are playing dodge ball at the church. Miriam and I stood in for a round. It was fun, but we were no good.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
It sounds like life is good.
Wow Mom, it's lentil salad, not soup! It was gross!
Post a Comment