Monday, January 4, 2010

January Update

CINDY
We've been O' so busy. I finished my first semester of school. I did well and enjoyed the classes, except for when I was pulling my hair out in frustration. I really appreciate my family's help with my first couple of English papers. It really helped me to get my mind working.

I resigned from my position as secretary for Foyer de Sion. It was just too much for me and my family with all the other things going on in our lives. Please remember them in your prayers. Some people recently kidnapped one of the director's family in hopes of a ransom. It' s a reminder of the great poverty affecting the people.

I've read a couple books during break. It was a nice release of sorts. Our Relief Society Presidency is encouraging the families in our ward to read the Book of Mormon with more diligence. I think that's a good goal.

Someone actually read and commented on my writing blog. I will now have to find time to update it. I'm flattered by the comments, yet I can take little credit as I've just passed on the tips of more qualified writer's.

I'm hoping to buy the rest of my textbooks today. I look forward to skimming them and getting a head start on my classes. I'm taking College Algebra, English Comp 2, Biology 201, and U.S. History I. (Still undecided on a major)

RICH
Rich is back at work. He's hoping to begin playing basketball soon. The problem is that Miriam has become accustomed to him driving her to the high school every morning. She likes being on time to class. I think she might also like the extra time to socialize.

Rich went ice skating with us last week. He did very well. It's sickening when you figure how it took 14 years to get him to a rink

I think Rich is looking forward to watching the BSU football game tonight. He would like it even more if he could watch it with someone who cares more about the game than I.

MIRIAM
Miriam's already had two concerts this year. Miriam was Concert Master for the last concert. She also sang with me in the ward choir for Christmas. She picked up my guitar over Christmas break and can make beautiful sounds with it. She's doing awesome.

Miriam enjoyed ice skating with us last week. She only fell twice. She hurt her wrist, but we think it's fine.

Miriam's foot is all healed of it's contusions. The only problem is her loss of muscle in her leg. She begins P.E. today. Wish her luck!

Miriam decided to join the pep club for basketball. It should keep her busy.

Miriam's discovered Stephen Hawking. She's enjoying his work.

Miriam is beginning church volleyball this week. She's excited to be in town for their tournament this year, but she's still disappointed about missing Fiddler on the Roof in Salt Lake City this year. She's not attending the orchestra trip this year.

NATHAN
Nathan is hoping to start basketball at school next week.

Nathan also had two concerts this fall/winter. He did very well on this last one. He really enjoys it. I will try to post the photos later this week.

Nathan was ordained a Deacon after his birthday. It was nice to have so much family support.

Nathan is asking to go ice skating again. We left shortly after he got the hang of it. I think we'll have to focus on teaching him how to slow down next time.

Nathan is loving his new Ripstick (like a skate board) and Bionicle set. He also enjoys playing in and shoveling the snow.

FAMILY
We're doing well. School begins again for me in a couple weeks. We'll be pretty busy again. Thanks for all your letters, photos, and phone calls.

Much Love and a Happy New Year!

Cindy

No comments: