
Miriam came to us requesting to play tennis. We asked her "are you sure?" "Yes, I'm sure." "It'll hurt your wrist" (she's sensitive about her wrist), we say. "I'm fine. I want to do it." Okay, we buy her a raquet and two containers of balls. A week and a half later of complaining of having to run too much she comes home to announce, "I'm not doing tennis, I just signed up for track." I couldn't believe it.
She did great! She never complained. Even when she had her away meet and I didn't send her with dinner. She didn't get home until after 10:00 on a school night. "Right before finals," she says as I write this.
She did shot put, discus, and the 4 by 100 meter relay. She was the third in line for the relay. She had a good time!
Rich and I were very pleased with her strong will. She even built some good muscles. I think she prompted a growth spurt as well.
She did great! She never complained. Even when she had her away meet and I didn't send her with dinner. She didn't get home until after 10:00 on a school night. "Right before finals," she says as I write this.
She did shot put, discus, and the 4 by 100 meter relay. She was the third in line for the relay. She had a good time!
Rich and I were very pleased with her strong will. She even built some good muscles. I think she prompted a growth spurt as well.



No comments:
Post a Comment